Translate

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Never Once

Two weeks ago, we celebrated Laura’s 25th birthday at the rehabilitation center of Basel, Switzerland. I could not think of any other word to describe this night other than holy. His presence was in that place as we worshipped and praised Him. Laura sang the loudest and it was hard to hold back tears when you heard her sweet voice singing the chorus of Matt Redman’s song “Never Once”:

Never once did we ever walk alone
Never once did you leave us on our own
You are faithful, God, You are faithful


Now as the weeks go by, I cling very tightly to these three lines as I face the joy and heartaches of this journey with Laura. These past weeks have been some of hardest I have experienced in my life. I was not prepared for the tremendous guilt I would feel when I started teaching again and going on with “normal” life. I was not prepared to see an empty room with boxes where I would normally come to laugh and talk. I am reminded of her absence every day and once a week visits don’t seem like enough. Maybe the hardest thing is not having answers and not knowing what the outcome of all this will be.

But I am thankful for the unknowns because they make me cling tighter to my “knowns” and remember back to that night:

Never once did we ever walk alone
Never once did you leave us on our own
You are faithful, God, You are faithful



Thank you so much for your continued prayer for Laura and keep checking in with through her updates!

http://posthope.org/laurasjourney

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you and what you are doing. Much love and prayers Sandra!

    ReplyDelete